Laser hair removal services, pros & cons, prices, and best at-home hair removal kits to keep your skin silky smooth.
There are many options when it comes to removing excess hair. You can shave your body hair but the hair keeps growing back in a short time. You may consider waxing or sugaring but these methods are painful and don’t stop hair from growing back. There are more long-lasting options, like electrolysis. Laser hair removal is a popular semi-permanent option that causes damage to the hair follicle.
Laser Hair Removal Services
There are many benefits of using laser hair removal services. At the same time, laser hair removal is expensive. You need more than one session to get the desired results. It is suitable for legs, underarms, bikini line, stomach, and face. You can have laser hair removal at home or at the clinic. See our guide for laser hair removal.
While laser hair removal doesn’t remo ve all body hair from the first session, the results are totally worth it. Most people who tried laser hair removal got long-lasting results after only 3-4 treatments.
Laser Hair Removal Pros and Cons
- Painless hair removal
- Can be used mostly anywhere
- Up to 92% hair growth reduction after only 3-4 sessions
- The treatment session is short
- More than 20 years of lifetime
- Works corded and cordless
- Long cord
- The laser treatment decreases the hair growth to a great extent that you can stop shaving at all.
- The laser machine can cover large parts of the body in a fast manner as legs, back, and bikini areas. It can be used on all parts of the body with no worries.
- The pain due to laser hair removal can vary greatly from painless like shaving to very painful like waxing. The doctors apply ice to the desired areas before and after the sessions to eliminate pain.
- The pain becomes less as the sessions continue and the hair becomes thinner.
The hair removal process is somehow time-consuming. Laser hair removal results after three sessions start to appear. However, it might take up to eight sessions depending on the size and the area of the skin treated.
The duration between treatment sessions is about six weeks.
Laser hair removal at clinics and laser centers is expensive costing about 200$-400$ per session. So, be ready to invest a big sum of money on your skin’s beauty. However, laser hair removal with Philips Lumia services at home is a lot cheaper than sessions offered by laser centers.
The laser treatment is not suitable for all skin types. As for the darker skin colors, it becomes more difficult for the laser to act on the hair cells. Some lasers as Nd: YAG does a better job at removing hair from darker skin type.
Laser treatment, if conducted by an untrained professional could cause skin burns or scars, so make sure to choose a well-known laser center.
- IPL is a temporary form of hair removal, it is not approved as a permanent method yet. Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent way.
Laser Hair Removal At Home
Philips Lumea kits use IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Technology) to give you the desired results. This technology is derived from IPL professional technology. IPL devices are fast, easy to hold and available at affordable prices. Philips Lumea machines are gentle on the skin and come with smart skin sensor. Check best home laser hair removal kits from Philips Lumea and their reviews now
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 Review
This laser hair removal at home kit is very popular. You can use it on bikini, underarm, face and body without any problems. It has 5 power settings. You can adjust it manually or let the device set the right power setting automatically. Philips lumea prestige will give you permanent results after 4-8 treatments.
- Philips’ best choice for women in Europe
- FDA approved and dermatologist recommended – it is very gentle on the skin unlike at clinics procedure which uses higher power
- >250,000 lamp flashes
- Works corded and cordless
- Face, bikini, armpit and body attachments
- Long cord
- More than 20 years of lifetime
- Up to 92% hair reduction after only 3 sessions
- Affordable price, no hidden costs
- Fast treatment procedure
- None! Women love Philips lumea BRI956
What is in the package?
When you buy the Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 you can expect the following contents in the package:
-The Philips Lumea Prestige hair removal device.
– Body attachment (1 cm square curved-in).
– Underarm attachment (3 cm square curved-out).
– Bikini attachment (3 cm square curved-out).
-Facial attachment (2 cm square).
-Lumea Application user slip.
-Powerpack + 2-meter long cable.
This is one of the best packages among the laser hair removal devices.
The device is amazing, it is considered the best laser hair removal device for home use. You will be impressed by your laser hair removal results. It is safe to use on white, blond, light brown and medium brown skin types. The device won’t emit pulses if the skin is too dark to be treated with laser therapy.
- 250 000 flashes
- Body, bikini, underarm and face attachments
- SmartSkin tone sensor
- Easy to hold the device
- Long-lasting results
- Comes with 2 years manufacturer guarantee
- device will not work accidentally as it only flashes when it is firmly against your skin.
- The device uses a SmartSkin sensor that shows you the best settings of Philips Lumea power for your own skin color to get the best results.
- The device gives you more privacy in the process of hair removal as you do it in the comfort of your own home.
- The IPL device works perfectly on black, brown, dark brown and dark blonde hair colors.
- The device also removes hair completely of all skin colors except the brownish black and darker skin.
- No bikini or underarm attachments
- The process can be somehow slow for large areas of the body as legs and thighs. A full leg session can take up to twenty minutes.
- Not suitable for people with very dark skins.
- Not effective in the removal of very bright hair colors.
- The device is a bit expensive, but the Lumea prestige lasts for 20 years. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- The device becomes slower when used without a cord.
How many times will you need to use the Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956?
To have complete and successful hair removal, follow the following schedule:
The first four laser sessions should be done every two weeks. You will immediately start to notice the difference, where the regrowth becomes minimal.
After that, you need to do a maintenance session once every four weeks to sustain the results of the first four sessions.
After completing eight maintenance sessions, you will only use the device once every six months to keep your skin hair-free.
How does the Philips Lumea prestige work?
The device emits a light wave into the skin, then the pigment in our skins absorbs these waves. This process generates heat that destroys the active cells responsible for hair growth. Eventually, the hair follicle enters a dormant phase which decreases hair regrowth.
Unfortunately, any model of laser hair removal devices can not be effective on people with bright hair as blonde, white or gray hair colors. However, the Lumea prestige device can not be used also on very dark skin.
Laser Hair Removal Prices
Laser hair removal prices are typically based on the time needed to remove the unwanted hair. Small areas like the upper lip and the chin can be treated in just minutes so their cost is low compared to full legs hair removal. Laser hair removal average prices per session:
- Abdomen (Bunny Trail) – $90
- underarms hair removal – $100
- Abdomen (lower) – $150
- Abdomen (Full) -$250
- Areola – $85
- Arms (Full) – $450
- Arms (Lower) – $250
- Back (Full) – $450
- Back (Lower) – $170
- Bikini – $150
- Legs (Full) – $450
The results of laser therapy will keep you motivated. This will encourage you to finish your treatment plan and get the perfect skin. The user manual and Philips application are very helpful during the sessions. Laser hair removal services will help you keep your body hair-free. Philips lumea models are suitable for removing unwanted hair covering a wide range of skin tones. Philips Lumea Prestige models are fast, some at-home sessions are only 5 minutes. We recommend using Philips Lumea BRI956 because it has all the amazing features you need in your next laser hair removal kit. Check also: Laser hair removal for men