What are the pros and costs of laser hair removal bikini area? Is laser hair removal worth it? what is included? And the best ways to keep your skin hair-free?
Removing hair from a sensitive area is definitely one of women’s goals for personal hygiene care. Therefore, you are always looking for the best solution that guarantees good results that basically satisfy you.
The bikini laser is considered one of the most effective ways to get rid of hair. It guarantees a long-lasting result compared to other traditional means. Consequently, in this article, we will reveal to you everything you need to know about a bikini laser so that you can be fully informed.
Shaving, plucking, and waxing are time-consuming. Laser hair removal for the bikini area seems to be the best option when it comes to saving money and time. Laser therapy is a high-tech method uses concentrated light to destroy the hair follicle under the skin, leaving the skin fuzz-free.
We asked many women about their experience with laser hair removal bikini and collected all the information you need to know before laser therapy at clinics or at home. We will also discuss laser hair removal bikini different options.
What is a bikini laser?
Laser is one of the means that helps in removing hair in the bikini area. It targets the edges of the underwear and the pubic area. The laser can reach the dark coarse hair in this area through the light of the laser beams. The darker the hair, the more effective it is in absorbing the laser light.
Benefits of Bikini laser
The lighter the hair, the less effective it is at absorbing light. The effectiveness is reduced in the case of blond, gray, or red hair. The bikini area laser offers many benefits for women, as it:
- removes the sharp hairs that result from shaving, waxing, and other traditional methods.
- reduces redness, irritation, and increased hairiness that result from other traditional methods.
- makes the area fine and smooth.
- controls access to hair with extreme precision.
- Performs quick hair removal. In a fraction of a second a quarter of a centimeter of skin can be removed.
- provides hair removal time again.
- reduces sweating.
- eliminates spending money on traditional tools, such as razors, wax, and creams..
Permanent or Non-Permanent Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is semi-permanent. Laser hair removal does not give permanent results immediately. However, the results are completely worth it. After completing the laser hair removal sessions, you will notice that your skin is smooth and hair free.
Method of Hair Removal from the Bikini Area
Self-laser bikini hair removal has become much safer and easier to do on your own without anyone’s help.
It is done in an easy and safe way, especially if you use it at home with a device with a lens dedicated to the bikini area.
As for the method of laser hair removal from sensitive places, it is as follows:
- A follicle or hair root has a pigment substance (melanin pigment) that absorbs the laser light directed at it.
- When it absorbs light, the follicle weakens. Thus, the hair weakens and falls out, and its growth becomes weak and slow.
- With repeated sessions, some follicles die, hair disappears from them completely, and surface of the skin appears free of annoying hair.
Steps for Laser Hair Removal from the Bikini Area
The methods of removing hair from sensitive areas are done in a painful and dangerous way. On the contrary, laser hair removal is much safer, easier, and more effective:
- You only shave the sensitive area with a razor or a female shaver, about 24 hours before the session.
- You choose yourself the right degree of laser for you, or get the doctor to choose it.
- You pass the laser gently over the intended area.
- In the end, you will get the desired results with the utmost safety, without pain in less than 5 minutes
The Effects of Laser Hair Removal in the Bikini Area
There are many questions that women ask about the effects of laser hair removal in the bikini area. Among these questions:
- Does laser hair removal whiten sensitive areas?
- Does laser hair removal cause infertility?
- Does laser pubic hair removal cause cancer?
Cosmetic experts around the world confirm that laser hair removal from the bikini area has many benefits. They answered such questions scientifically:
- The role of laser is not limited to hair removal only, but it also helps to whiten sensitive dark places. such places include the pubis and underarm that have a different color from the rest of the body. This is because it stimulates the skin to secrete collagen responsible for bleaching and unifying color.
- Laser hair removal from the bikini area does not lead to infertility. It does not have any effect on the hymen either. Rather, it may be accompanied only by temporary local pain, which varies in intensity from one woman to another. It disappears by the end of the session.
- laser pubic hair removal does not pose any risks to sensitive areas. this is a non-ionizing light ray that does not have the property of transforming normal cells into cancerous. Up till now. there is no single case that proves that this process was the cause of any cancer cells.
Types of Laser and Skin Tone
The types of lasers for hair removal used in the treatment differ in two main things:
- the quality of the treatment
- and the possibility of side effects of the treatment.
Accordingly, the types of lasers for hair removal are classified according to their wavelengths into several types, and include the following:
- Sapphire laser, red light laser systems. The rays emitted from this type of device have a wavelength of 694 nanometers. The sapphire laser device is preferred for people with light skin and dark hair.
- Alexandrite device that uses infrared laser systems. These devices have a wavelength of 755nm, so it is best for people with darker skin tones. These devices have a longer wavelength than sapphire devices, so they give less melanin absorption, which reduces skin damage.
- Diode laser systems. These devices have a wavelength of 800 nanometers. It is preferable to use a diode laser device for people with blond hair.
- ND: YAG laser systems. With a wavelength of 1064nm, ND: YAG is the safest device to use, especially for dark-skinned The laser beams penetrate deeply into the skin without absorption into the melanin cells in the skin. However, such devices are less effective in reducing hair growth compared to other devices.
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) device. This device is not considered a type of laser for hair removal. Rather, it relies on lamps that emit several wavelengths at the same time, similar to the way the laser works, but with less efficiency.
Is Bikini Laser Hair Removal Worth It?
If you add up how much money you spend on razors or bikini wax sessions during your life, it will cost you $200 to $400 per session. Laser hair removal is a beauty investment. Laser hair removal bikini area costs from $150 to $450 per session. The laser cost is worth it as the results are guaranteed. You can get it done anywhere and the machine covers large skin areas in a short time. Laser hair removal bikini doesn’t remove the hair forever. It reduced hair growth within time until you reach permanent results. All Philips Lumea kits come with bikini attachment. The Bikini attachment is designed specially to be gentle and safe on the skin. Bikini Laser kit is designed with extra filter to provide more protection to sensitive areas.
What Does Bikini Laser Hair Removal Include?
Bikini & Brazilian laser hair removal two hair removal shapes for laser therapy. Here are the basic bikini and bikini extended hair removal methods:
The basic bikini covers 2-3 inches outside the panty line. The basic bikini doesn’t include the panty line. It is a very basic hair removal method as it only removes unwanted hair outside the panty line. The bikini extended laser hair removal covers 2-3 inches outside the panty line too. At the same time, it includes removing unwanted hair inside the panty line. This also includes removing unwanted hair on the sides up to the labia.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent procedure. The only approved permanent hair removal method is electrolysis. While laser hair removal doesn’t give permanent results immediately, the results are totally worth it. After finishing your laser hair removal sessions, you will notice that your skin is smooth and hair-free. Read our laser hair removal reviews.
Are there any risks from using Philips Lumea laser hair at home?
With professional laser in the wrong hands, many skin side effects might happen such as blisters, scars, hyperpigmentation, and hypopigmentation. A great alternative option is using personal kits. No training needed to use at-home kits from Philips Lumea. The design is elegant and easy to hold. So no need for worries its very safe and easy to use, Check the best laser hair removal kits from Philips Lumea.
What Does Laser Hair Removal Bikini Cost?
Bikini area is a small area. It is cheaper than the legs and back hair removal. Laser hair removal bikini and larger costs from $350 to $500. People with light skin and dark hair get faster results than people who have dark skin and dark hair. In general, you should test laser hair removal before doing Brazilian or basic bikini hair removal. Read more on laser hair removal costs
How to Prepare for bikini laser hair removal?
For the majority of people who are interested in hair removal around the bikini area, there are a few things you need to put in your consideration. First, you have to limit plucking, waxing, for a few weeks before doing laser hair removal.
You should also avoid sun exposure in that area for a few weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and can cause some complications after treatment like burning, hyperpigmentation (dark marks), and scarring. Find out more on preparing for laser hair removal
Here is a review for using Philips Lumia on the bikini area and other body areas Check it out
Laser Hair Removal Bikini Using Philips Lumea
Philips lumea models come with Bikini attachment. There are divided into 3 main sections:
- Philips Lumea Prestige
- Philips Lumea Advanced
- Philips Lumea Essential
All Philips Lumea models are available at unbeatable prices. Here are the top-selling Philips Lumea models:
- BRI956 (Top Pick)
All Philips Lumea models available on the market are suitable for women and men. They include all necessary features. The results are fast, after only 3 to 4 treatments. Most laser hair removal plans are formed of 4-8 weeks of sessions once every two weeks. To maintain your results, repeat the same procedure every four to eight weeks.
Best Philips Lumea Model
All Philips Lumea models are effective in removing unwanted hair. They come with a skin tone sensor to help you detach the right power setting depending on your skin color and hair color. Also, Philips Lumea brazilian is painless and comfortable as they come with bikini attachment. Philips Lumea devices will stop emitting pulses if the area is not suitable for laser hair removal such as too dark skin.
Women Love Philips Lumea BRI956
Buy From amazon from any place around the world
“I have been using Philips Lumea BRI956, and the results are amazing,” Sara said. Her body is hairless but she still uses Philips Lumea monthly to maintain her results forever. The hair is fewer and thinner after each laser hair removal treatment. She tried Philips Lumea for removing bikini line unwanted hair. “I recommend Philips Lumea BRI956 for removing bikini line, face, armpit and mostly all body areas”. Shop Philips Lumea BRI956 now.
- 250,000 flashes
- Body and face attachments
- Skin tone sensor
- Long-lasting results
- Comes with 2 years manufacturer guarantee
- Philips Lumea Brazilian extra attachment
- No bikini and underarm attachments
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI953
“Philips Lumea Prestige BRI953 really works, don’t give up!” an Amazon customer review said. She bought it and she wasn’t sure at first about her decision. However, she completed her treatment and she now enjoyed perfect hairless legs as she always wanted. If you don’t have enough time, you will find the right plan for you. They are many options for each skin tone and hair color like every two weeks and every 3 weeks’ plans. Don’t worry, the results will keep you motivated. You will wait for your next sessions to keep the perfect looking body. More about: Philips Laser hair removal real-life reviews.
Philips Lumea Advanced SC1998
“I used Philips Lumea Advanced model SC1998, 3 times till now, and the results are completely worth it”, Maria Said. She bought the device recently and she wanted to keep her body silky smooth like celebrities. At first, she tried other methods such as using wax, razors and using an epilator. All these methods don’t stop hair from growing back. Some women use the epilator every 2 days and they don’t get the desired results.
- Integrated UV filter
- Philips Lumea bikini attachment comes with the essential kit
- power adapter
- travel pouch
- Comes with detailed user manual for each skin type
- High build quality
- Safe to use
- Long-lasting results
- Prevents further hair growth for most skin tones safely
- Heats up quickly
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
4.0 out of 5 stars.
It’s my fifth session with Phillips laser hair removal I notice a difference in my legs there is a little bit hair in some areas in my legs and no more hair in my hands and face that’s could be a great result otherwise in sensitive areas there is not notice difference I will finish my session and write another feedback.
5.0 out of 5 stars So far working great
It is very easy to use and works quickly. We had another one from a different company and it did not make any difference after few use also, then we returned that and bought this one. My sister has one, My dad has one and I have one. I have been using this for my boyfriend’s chest and it has been only a month. The hair growth is slow and thin now. It will take time but looks like it is going to work. It already worked on my dad. He is using it to maintain after his Laser Hair removal session ended.
5.0 out of 5 stars: Fast results
I’ve been getting laser for a couple of years, I have really thick dark black hair and my skin is light, this machine works so good my hair on my face went away almost fully in the matter of two months I just have some lighter hairs, if you have dark hair and lighter skin like me you will see results immediately
Permanent laser hair removal for the bikini area is easily achieved using laser kits from Philips Lumea. Bikini laser hair removal is a very comfortable experience using Philips Lumea. When it comes to laser hair removal, Philips Lumea models use IPL technology derived from professional IPL machines. Philips Lumea kits are affordable, efficient for hair removal and have a large number of flashes. Find all Philips Lumea models and their online reviews.