The demand on laser hair removal has been very high due to its proven effectiveness and safety. However, it’s still very expensive and a little time-consuming as you need to commit to the appointments. But, when you get the alternative with similar results and added safety at home, this deserves to talk about. <br>This article is going to show you the best hair removal devices at-home with different prices and abilities. It’s worth mentioning that our team of experts has done their best to conclude these reviews for you. So, everything you’re going to read here is 100% real.
<br>Let me first present you a brief about laser hair removal and best kits available on the market for home use.
What Is The Best laser at home hair removal?
Best Philips Laser Hair Removal
When you want to buy a Laser hair removal you should by it from a trusted source. Only the best Laser hair removal devices are very useful for you to get your safe, effective treatment session at your home without wasting time. Now, I will show you 5 best Philips Laser Hair Removal devices on the market today…
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956
Philips lumea prestige BRI956 is the best Philips Laser Hair Removal device ever and it is safe to use on White, blond, light brown, medium brown, and dark brown skin colors. It is FDA approved and got many awards including ‘the 2017 beauty award golden winner’. It is the top-selling Philips Laser hair removal device world wide!
Approval & Recommendations
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 is approved by the Food and Drug Administration “FDA” for safe use at-home.
Moreover, it has a CE marking for EU “European Union” safety standards. You can use it simply for personal use at-home without need for an expert.
It’s recommended for face and full body treatments by dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Also, this device comes with 2 year global warranty against manufacturing defects and 30 days money-back guarantee.
One of the best Philips Laser hair removal on the market, if not best of the best, you will find it on Amazon for $478.81 after discount. This is a really an attractive deal! Keep in touch for more info and updates…
- Effective Treatment – with once or twice per month maintenance treatment.
- Lifelong product – 20 years
- High performance lamp – 250,000 flashes
- SmartSkin Sensor – with five power settings to choose the best one for the area you are going to treat
- Highly effective – On wide range of skin tones and hair colors
- Safety – it comes with 5 light settings, integrated safety system, integrated UV filter, smartskin tone sensor and skin tone sensor to provide you with complete safety during the treatment
- Attachments – comes with face, body, bikini and underarms attachments
- best home Philips Laser hair removal option according to experts’ reviews
Most important are the safety features, Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 has a complete safety system consists of 4 amazing features:
- Integrated safety system prevents unintentional flashing
- Skin tone sensor scans your skin before and during the sessions
- Skin contact sensor ensures no flashing until the device is in full contact with your skin
- SmartSkin sensor, this features, along with the skin tone sensor, adjusts intensity level according to the detected skin tone
- Integrated UV filter
- First choice for women in all retailers
- FDA approved and recommended by dermatologist
- Suitable for most skin tones
- >250,000 lamp flashes
- Works corded and cordless
- Fast method to get rid of unwanted hair
- Work corded and cordless
- None! Women in online reviews like everything about it
Real Life Reviews
‘Philips lumea prestige BRI956 is fast and effective way to get permanent results’ Emily Said. She is happy with her hairless skin and that she can use laser at-home Philips Laser hair removal without pain.
It uses IPL technology to treat large areas in a short time. with the skin tone sensor, let the device determine the right power setting for your skin color and hair.
‘The Lumea is far less painful, the small zap hardly worth mentioning it’ Brian Said. He used laser kits before and he found that Philips is less painful, comes with four attachments, and effective in removing hair for a long time.
He is very happy with trying Philips lumea (Philips Laser hair removal ) which is suitable for men and women for most places.
Skin & Hair Types
Our top-rated one works on the widest range of skin tones: White/very white blond, ivory, beige, brown, and dark brown ones. So, it nearly works on all skin tones but brownish black ones.
Moreover, as with all IPL hair removal devices, it’s suitable for blond, brown, dark brown, and black hair colors. It’s not suitable for light blond, red, white or grey ones.
How To Use Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956?
Philips Lumea kit applies gentle pulses of light towards the hair and reaching the root of it deeply under the skin. When it is damaged, the regrowth is inhibited.
Here are the steps of using Philips Lumea prestige BRI956 at home:
Before you start
- Charge it if you are going it use it cordless.
- Shave the area before applying IPL hair removal to get the best results
- Check that the attachments are clean and free from any hair, dirt or fibers before using on your skin to avoid infection. Clean the attachment using the cleaning cloth if you found it contaminated.
- Choose the right attachment based on the area you are going to treat
- Body attachment – the best for removing all your body hair especially for large areas like the legs. You can use it to remove your body hair in less than one hour.
- Facial attachment – with an integrated light filter that removes unwanted hair from the upper lip, chin and side areas. It is designed for sensitive skin and can be used for removing underarms and other small areas of your body.
- Bikini attachment – it is designed to remove unwanted hair away from your bikini line without pain
- Underarms attachment – it is designed for the underarms area. The size of this attachment is between the body and facial attachments sizes. Don’t use it for facial hair removal as it is wider than the facial attachment.
Now when you start
- Press the on/off button to start your treatment. Change the power setting to the suitable power for your skin tone and hair color according to the user manual or the smart skin tone detector.
- put the kit on a vertical angle on your skin with the attachment suitable for the area you are going to treat
- press the safety ring while applying gentle pressure. Keep the device contact with the skin until you see “ready to flash” lightened on the back of your IPL kit with green color
- Press the flash button to release a flash. You can keep the flash button pressed during the session as long as the safety ring is contracted directly with your skin. Move to the next nearby area you are treating after the flash. This mode is called slide and flash. It is the best way to remove hair fast from large areas. The other way is releasing the flash button after the flash. Try not to direct the laser to the treated area twice during the same hair removal session.
After you finish
9. turn off the device and clean it after your treatment session using the cloth. If it is still not clean, use water or alcohol in high concentration to remove any contaminants.
After all those features and positives which no other device could combine them all together, Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 is the best IPL hair removal device with 4.9 star rating. However, note that it’s only 0.1 star higher than our second top-rated device, Philips lumea BRI954
How Often Can I Use Philips Laser hair removal At Home?
For the best Philips Laser hair removal results, the first four sessions are made within 8 weeks. You will notice a decrease in the hair regrowth. Your body hair will grow slower each time to maintain your permanent results, you can use the Philips Lumea kit once or twice every month. Some women stay hairless for more than 6 weeks without additional sessions.
Most women get the desired results after only 8 sessions. laser hair removal at clinics is more expensive than at home treatment. In general, Philips laser is very gentle and safe on the skin. You can use it every 2 weeks for during the initial treatment plan.
At Clinics, a single session will cost you between $50 to $250, depending on the area you are going to treat.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
The laser targets the melanin pigment that gives the hair the color reaching the root of the hair. It produces heat to damage the hair follicle and prevent the regrowth of the hair. You will need more than one session to get the desired results.
It is not an invasive procedure that involves using laser light pulses to damage the hair follicles preventing its growth. It is considered the best solution for hirsutism.
How Permanent Is Laser Hair Removal Philips?
Philips Laser hair removal is very effective in removing unwanted hair. It will stop the hair regrowth within time until you won’t need to shave your body before laser hair removal anymore. Laser hair removal can be done anywhere. You can use it to remove hair from legs, back, bikini line, armpit, and face.
It is not painful and the hair regrowth is slower and much less within time. The degree of pain is between shaving and waxing. You can use ice to help numb your skin before and after laser therapy. Within time, there will be no much hair on the skin and the hair will be finer so you won’t feel any pain.
Can Everyone Have Laser Treatment?
Because the laser targets the pigment, it is considered the best way to remove the dark hair effectively in people who have light skin. The problem is with people who have too dark skin.
The skin might absorb laser and heat up which will cause skin sensitivity reactions. At the same time, laser treatment is less effective for people who have fair hair. Philips Laser hair removal at-home device uses lower energy than the one used at salon which make it suitable for sensitive skin.
How Many Laser Sessions Do I need?
The laser treatment is more effective on lower legs, underarms, and bikini. Facial hair removal is harder and takes more sessions because the hair in the face is fine and affected by the hormonal changes.
The number of sessions you will need depends on the area you are going to treat. Some areas are treated in less than 5 minutes like the lower legs. The thicker your body hair, the easier it will be removed using laser treatment. Once your treatment is finished, many of the hair won’t grow back.
The hair which will grow back is thinner and grow slower compared to the original hair. You have to finish your treatment plan to get permanent results and clear your skin.
The frequency of hair removal varies according to your hair cycle. The average is once every month. People who have fast-growing hair will need more sessions. Women who are hairy need 2:3 treatments in the first month then the number of sessions per month is reduced within time.
What Is IPL Treatment?
IPL is a popular method to remove hair which Philips Laser kits are designed with. It works by heating the hair follicle and prevent the regrowth of it. Unlike Philips Laser hair removal , IPL covers more wide range of the light spectrum.
It is less intense than laser. Laser uses only single wavelength to make more concentrated light beam. The IPL technology covers larger patches of hair. IPL technology is better than laser for people who have dark skin. Their hair absorb the light beam more effective so the results of hair removal are much better compared to laser.
You will need more than 4 sessions to get noticeable results. If you are looking for full body hair removal, Philips Lumea devices are an effective and cheap method to remove unwanted hair at home.
What Is Laser Treatment?
Laser treatment is very similar to IPL technology. The main difference between them is that laser produces a single precise wavelength of light, which goes deeper into the skin reaching the base of the hair follicles.
The laser kit will produce individual zaps targeting the hair follicle without affecting the skin. This treatment is the quickest and most effective way to remove hair using a single laser.
Philips Laser hair removal uses concentrated light to reach the melanin of the hair. Both IPL and laser are effective in removing hair from your face, underarms, bikini but the laser is more precise in reaching small areas of your skin. The results of IPL and laser hair at home hair removal are the same.
What Are The Pros Of Laser Hair Removal?
What Are The Cons Of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Vs IPL Hair Removal
New models of Philips use IPL technology to remove hair permanently. Both laser and IPL are effective in doing the job and giving you similar results. IPL is less intense but it is cheaper and better for treating large areas of the skin. Both treatments are effective but choose the best for your budget and the area you are going to treat. Here are the main differences between IPL and Philips Laser hair removal :
- IPL is faster in removing hair from large areas
- The laser is better for removing dark skin tones
- IPL is cheaper than laser. Check the best Philips Lumea devices.
- The laser is more precise which means you will need fewer sessions
- Both IPL and laser will give you the same results after finishing the treatment plan
Best Laser At Home Hair Removal Kits
Philips Lumea devices are the best for getting long-lasting results and hair-free skin without paying much money at clinics. You can do full body hair removal at home safely using the powerful IPL technology integrated with all Philips Lumea devices.
Philips Lumea BRI954 And BRI953 Reviews
Both kits use IPL technology. They are very effective in removing hair and getting permanent results with the same features and attachments.
In order to help you compare both Philips Lumea BRI953 and Philips Lumea BRI954 with the model we mentioned at the top of our guide ‘Philips Lumea BRI956’, here are the main differences between the 2 devices and BRI956 model:
- The main difference between Philips Lumea BRI956 and the 2 devices is the attachments. These two models are not equipped with the bikini line and underarms attachments. You can still use them for removing underarms unwanted hair as the attachment is curved with 3 cm2 size.
- They are cheaper than Philips Lumea BRI956
- The usage of all Philips Lumea devices is very easy. You can use it at home without previous knowledge or training
Tutorial And How To Use
These Philips Lumea devices’ instructions are very similar to Prestige BRI956. You will get amazing results after only four sessions.
Philips Lumea Essential BRI863/70 Reviews
Philips Lumea essential is one of the best devices to get permanent silky smooth skin. Women who tried it got amazing results after only four treatments. It is not painful as epilators and wax. With bikini line, underarms, face and body attachments, you can use it anywhere.
- The lamp lifetime is more than fifty ten years.
- Comes with a user guide to help you understand the best plan for your skin tone
- It has up to 200,000 light Flashes.
- Suitable for removing hair from bikini, underarms, legs, arms and nave areas
- Has integrated UV filter for safety
- It is the best home Philips Laser hair removal at its price range
Tutorial And How To Use
Philips Laser hair removal home kit “Philips Lumea Essential” is very easy to use on your own. Follow the instructional mentioned before the same as Prestige BRI956 kit.
All you need is just 5 minutes for your knees, 16 minutes for two lower legs and 1 minute to remove your arm unwanted hair.
It will reduce the hair regrowth by 75% after only 3:4 treatments. You will master how to use it easily on your own.
Real Life Philips Lumea Essential Reviews
‘I used it three times till now, and the difference is amazing, highly recommended for fast results’ Maria said. She bought it recently. She had very thick unwanted hair which grows fast before using Philips Lumea essential. Now she doesn’t suffer from shaving irritation anymore using Philips Lumea essential. She highly recommends using it for a perfect skin look.
‘So Pleased with it, Philips Lumea essential work brilliantly for me’ amazon customer said. She is very pleased that she can remove her body hair permanently thanks to the laser at-home hair removal kit from Philips. Follow the instructions carefully in the user manual which you will find very easy to use. Check Philips Lumea for men special version
Philips Lumea Advanced SC1998/00 Reviews
Philips Lumea advanced Sc1998/00 is effective and easy to use to get rid of your body hair. It uses IPL technology similar to other Philips Lumea models. This means you can use this kit to remove hair away large skin areas in a short time. it covers a wide range of hair colors and skin tones.
- Its lifespan is more than 15 years and it comes with 2 years guarantee from the manufacturer
- with the gun-shaped design, you will learn how to hold and use the device correctly. It is made to provide the best experience. You will get to know how to hold it for each area while treatment by nature, it is fun to remove your body hair using this laser at home hair removal kit.
- It is effective in removing unwanted hair in a short time from the first session. Choose the best treatment plan for your skin tone, hair time and your available time. you don’t have to schedule appointments at clinics for hair removal anymore.
- Comes with body, face and bikini line attachments. This kit also comes with cleaning cloth, travel pouch and detailed user manual.
- The large flash window which allows you to treat your body quickly and safely. According to Fitzpatrick skin standards, it is safe to use for skin types from I to IV It is also cheaper than IPL hair removal at clinics, which make it a great alternative option for clinics increasing prices.
Tutorial And How To Use
Philips Lumea Advanced is very easy to use in a similar way to Philips Lumea Prestige. Hold the kit while pressing the flat button by your index finger to get rid of unwanted hair from your face and armpit areas.
Check the user manual to find details about the treatment plans, and more information about how to use it safely. It is one of the best laser at home removal kits which will help you get up to 8 weeks of silky smooth skin after only four treatments.
It is designed for home use, which means the light is much safer, compared to IPL at clinics hair removal. You should consider getting your own Philips Lumea advanced kit if you have sensitive skin.
Real Life Philips Lumea Advaced Reviews
‘It actually works’ Laura Said. Philips Lumea advanced is fast in removing hair as she wished. She got noticeable results from the first session which encouraged her to continue her treatment using Philips Lumea Advanced at home.
Now all her unwanted hair is gone. She followed the instructions on how to remove underarms, legs and bikini line hair.
She is very happy with buying Philips Lumea advanced because it worth every penny.
You can use it anywhere as the cord is long. You don’t have to buy a cordless device. the attachments are great and they are considered amazing extras more than essential ones.
She got a few red dots after her IPL sessions but she go away within hours or days. The most important thing is that Philips Lumea advanced really works for removing unwanted hair. You need to be patient if you want to get results that last forever.
Read more reviews
‘Couldn’t be more happy!’ Nur Eren said on her review of this kit on amazon. She has been using Philips Lumea advanced for hair removal on legs for one and a half month. She completed six sessions and she is totally impressed with her results. She found the user manual very clear and interesting.
It shows that you need six sessions for legs hair removal and she expected that she won’t find any process before the 6th session.
The surprise is that she got amazing results after only two sessions. Her body hair stopped growing significantly. After the 6th session her legs looks amazing and hair-free. It took her 10 to 15 minutes to treat her leg area from the wrist to the knee. She is totally satisfied with it and wishes she bought it any sooner, highly recommended for hair removal at home.
This device will help you achieve the same results, which you get from clinics at a lower price and more privacy. It is an excellent investment compared to clinics price range. You should try it soon if you want to change your life and enjoy perfect skin without much effort.
Why IPL Philips Lumea?
There are many benefits of using IPL technology and especially IPL Philips Lumea models over other hair removal techniques including the following:
Permanent hair removal results
Using the Philips Lumea device guarantees getting permanent results. The density of hair will be reduced until you get permanent results.
IPL sessions are effective in removing hair in a shorter time compared to other hair removal procedures. It doesn’t take time to clear large areas in a short time. you can remove your legs hair in only 15 minutes using Philips Lumea IPL kits.
Cheaper Than IPL At Clinics
IPL treatment is cheaper than laser hair removal especially if you are going to do it at home. this doesn’t mean that the treatment is not a high-quality option.
It doesn’t cause pain like you feel when you wax your body. It is much easier to use without suffering. Your skin will remain hairless and beautiful without pain thanks to Philips Lumea IPL technology.
IPL Side Effects
The possible side effects of IPL are rare. You might find redness and inflammation of your skin. It is normal and you can use ice to cool down your skin. The change of pigmentation of the skin might happen in certain cases.
The skin might appear darker or lighter in color around the area treated. This side effect doesn’t last for a long time.
It will fade fast after a week or less. If these side effects lasted for more than two weeks, consult your doctor. The skin will be more sensitive after the session. Try to avoid direct sun exposure as this might cause skin burns.
What Are Laser Hair Removal Side Effects?
Laser hair removal is one of the safest methods for removing hair. However, there are possible side effects that might happen during your treatment. These side effects don’t happen to all people. Most of the laser hair removal side effects are minimal and don’t last for a long time after the session. The reactions that might happen after the treatment include skin inflammation and redness. They are temporary and disappear after a few hours of your treatment.
If you experience side effects that don’t go within time or are suspicious of having an infection, visit your doctor as soon as possible to avoid any complications. In general, most side effects are temporary such as swelling and you don’t have to worry about them. Laser light destroying the hair follicles, the more coarse is the hair, the faster is the treatment. Find more about laser hair removal cost
Permanent hair removal is the best way to get rid of all unwanted hair. Philips Laser hair removal devices are very effective in removing unwanted hair. It is worth the money and so private. Consider your hair type and your skin tone when choosing the right device for your skin. Many of Philips Lumea models come with bikini, face and underarms attachments.
We recommend getting Lumea Prestige BRI956 as it is a luxurious way to get a silky-smooth body at home. For more detailed information, check our reviews of Philips Lumea models to find the best one for you. Also, Check laser hair removal before & after reviews of Philips Lumea.