Taking care of your skin when removing hair is paramount. You don’t want to have itchy skin and boils associated with inferior hair removal methods. Using a professional laser hair removal machine can be a good and affordable option to ensure that your skin remains healthy after a shave.
What Makes a Good Professional Laser Hair Removal Machine?
This is a device designed to use lasers to destroy hair follicles and stop them from working. With time, the hair reduces and takes longer to grow.
Compared to the laser machines used in a clinic, devices designed for home use are less powerful and produce results over a more extended period. Also, check whether the FDA approves the machine for use on your skin.
There are some factors you should consider when buying a professional laser hair removal machine. They include
- Skin and hair tones – Different laser hair removal machines are designed to work well on different skin and hair tones. Before making a purchase, it’s essential to check if the device is recommended for your hair and skin type.
- Design for use – Is it designed for use on large body areas or small body areas? Answering this question will help you choose wisely, depending on where you want to shave.
- Pulses – This defines the device’s lifetime. How long will you use the device before it becomes unusable? Consider buying a machine that has a high pulse rating.
- Battery life – How long will you use the device before it runs battery low? It’s better to choose a machine whose battery lasts long before plugging it in again.
- Technology – Does it use diode laser technology? Or intense pulsed light (IPL) technology? Diode lasers are more powerful and targeted, while IPL devices are less powerful.
This device uses IPL technology, which makes it less potent than devices using diode-laser technology. This means that the results may take longer to show which make it one of the most Professional Laser Hair Removal Machines.
It works very well on skin types ranging from white to dark brown. People with very dark skin are not advised to use this device.
It’s best for hair that is:
- Natural dark blonde
It can not be used on white, red, light blonde, and grey hair.
It can be used on the legs, arms, stomach, face (chin and upper lips), bikini area, and armpits.
It has a high-performance lamp that gives over 250,000 flashes.
- It’s effective and gives a smooth hair-free smooth in eight weeks.
- It can be used easily as it’s made cordless.
- Philips has three curved attachments that give specialized treatment to the underarms, body, face, and bikini area.
- It has a smart skin sensor that allows it to work on the correct skin tone.
- It has a premium price.
#2 Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X for Women and Men
It’s a powerful use-at-home hair removal device that uses diode-laser technology, making it as effective as the machines used in the markets. It takes time to scan the skin and hair to analyze their tone; if it’s not safe to use, the device remains locked. It has a screen that shows the remaining battery life and guides treatment.
It works best on the following skin tones.
- Light brown
It’s not recommended for medium brown, dark brown, or black skin tones.
It’s the best for these hair colors:
- Dark brown
- Medium brown
- Light brown
People with red, blond, white, or grey hair colors should not use this device.
You can use this machine to remove hair from any part of the body, even the face.
It lasts long as it has 200,000 pulses.
- It has more hair removing energy, thanks to the diode-laser technology.
- It’s easy to use and can be used comfortably because it’s wireless.
- It’s safe for the eyes as it’s light emission is not intense.
- Tria has a LED screen display that guides the user.
- It gives excellent results as it targets each follicle at a more in-depth and concentrated level.
- Tria has limited battery life.
- If you choose a smaller device, it will take you longer to remove the hair.
#3 Silk’n Infinity IPL Hair Removal Laser Device
This hair removal device by Silk’n is designed to help you have an effective hair removal treatment that lasts for a long time. It’s small and portable, allowing it to fit in hand comfortably. It uses IPL technology, and therefore, the results might take longer to show and a lot of experts sort it as one of Professional Laser Hair Removal machines.
The process of using this device is pretty straightforward. You need first to shave the body area you want to treat, turn on the power, set the device’s intensity, complete treatment, then finally pulse and glide.
It’s recommended for skin tones ranging from light brown to medium brown. People with white skin, dark brown, or very dark skin can not use this device.
The hair color allowed for this device range from light brown to black. It’s not recommended for people with naturally blonde hair, red hair, grey or white.
You can use it to remove hair in any part of the body. This hair removal device is considered safe for use on the whole body.
This device has infinity pulses, meaning that you can use it limitlessly.
- It comes with a free app, which makes it easy for you to schedule treatments.
- It’s small-sized and can be used comfortably.
- It has a wide range of power intensity settings that you need to set before you start treatment.
- It’s convenient because it is used at home.
- The process of hair removal is painless.
- Too much light emissions are not safe for the eyes.
#4 Mismon Laser IPL Hair Removal Laser Device
This device uses IPL technology to remove hair on the body’s skin. It’s light and easy to use.
The manufacturer couples it with eye-protection goggles to keep your eyes safe from IPL technology emissions.
The best skin for this device is within the range of light brown skin to medium brown skin. It’s not recommended for any other kind of skin.
It works best to remove hairs with colors that range from light brown to black. Any other hair color like red, blonde, grey, and white can not be treated using this device.
You can use the Mismon laser device to remove hair on any part of the body, except the face.
It comes with pulses over 300,000. That means you can use it for a long time before the device becomes unusable.
- The package comes with goggles included for eye safety.
- It’s lightweight and easy to use.
- It has an in-built automatic skin sensor to keep you safe If your skin tone doesn’t match the recommended skin tones.
- It works effectively to remove hair permanently in just a few treatments.
- The light settings are not automatically set and therefore require a manual setting. A wrong setting can cause skin damage and burns.
- The pulses delay before it moves to the next one.
#5 Braun Silk-expert Pro 5
This product makes use of IPL technology to remove hair on your preferred settings carefully. It comes with many intensity settings that you can adjust and set the best for you.
Braun Silk-expert Pro 5 is among the safest hair removal devices in the market today. Many users prefer it because of its short treatment time and quick results.
It works best on skin tones ranging from light brown to medium brown skin tones. Other skin tones like white and dark skin are advised not to use this device.
People with light brown to black hair colors enjoy using this result-producing device. You can not use this device if your hair color is red, blonde, white, or grey.
It works well on any part of the body. For best results, you can set settings to vary depending on the body part you are treating and how much pain you can endure.
It comes with a pulse limit of 400,000 pulses.
- The range of settings gives you the option to work at your preferred power intensity.
- It gives quicker results compared to other IPL devices.
- It completes treatment very fast. For example, it takes less than 5 minutes to treat both legs.
- It’s small and light to ensure easy handling.
- It’s safe to use on the recommended skin tone, even on sensitive skin.
- It doesn’t have a LED screen display, making it harder to track treatment schedules.
- Because of the high power intensity and short treatment time, the device heats up fast.
#6 Smoothskin Ultrafast IPL Hair Removal Laser Device
This device takes price in its high speed exhibited in the treatment. It can treat the whole body in less than 10 minutes. It uses IPL technology, with 100 pulses every minute which let us choose as one of the best Professional Laser Hair Removal machines.
Smoothskin Ultra-fast device employs two modes of treatment, depending on the body area receiving treatment. They are:
- Glide mode – suitable for treating larger body areas.
- Stamp mode – suitable for delicate areas, which are considerably small.
The most suitable skin tone is between light brown to medium brown. It’s not recommended for use on other skin tones like white, dark brown, and very dark skin.
It’s best to use on hair that is naturally brown to black hair. It would not be safe to use it on other hair colors like red, blonde, grey, and white.
It’s suitable for use on the whole body. It exhibits an ultra-fast speed and treats the entire body within a short time.
This device comes with unlimited pulses; therefore, you can use it without fear of exhausting the pulses.
- It’s ultrafast and therefore saves time while treating.
- It comes on unlimited flashes, so the device lasts a lifetime.
- It’s safe and straightforward to use. It takes time to scan and analyze the skin to ensure it’s safe to use. The device unlocks only when the skin tone and the hair color are the recommended ones.
- Results start showing in 4 weeks, having eliminated up to 92% of the hair.
- You can use it in a range of settings, choosing the settings that are comfortable for you.
- The device overheats due to the high-intensity power required for fast treatment.
- It doesn’t have a LED display to guide the user.
Which is Better: Home Treatment or Clinic Treatment?
- It saves money – the only money spent is on buying the machine. Investing in a high-quality machine saves on money spent every week at a clinic as the device would last long and produce similar results.
- It saves time – The time spent to go to a clinic can quickly complete the hair removal process and do other things.
- It’s Convenient – We all want to do things at our convenience. Using a home device allows you to do the treatment at any time of the day, compared to a clinic where you can only go at the pre-booked time.
- The machines used are equipped with advanced technology to facilitate the hair removal procedure in the safest possible conditions. Home-used machines and devices use necessary technology, and therefore, your safety might not be fully guaranteed as you use the device.
- There are certified dermatologists at the clinic who study the skin to understand the required actions to give excellent long-lasting results. They also check how your skin is responding to the procedure and can quickly intervene in case something happens.
- Results from a clinic-based procedure start showing faster, and they last longer. This is because of the advanced technology used and the careful treatment moderated by highly qualified dermatologists.
Risks Involved in Using Hair Removal Laser Devices
Lasers may not accurately focus on the hair and the hair follicle and can concentrate on the skin and cause harm. That is why you should know how to use laser hair removal machines properly.
If wrongly used, these devices can lead to the following side effects:
- Scarring of the skin – some parts begin to appear darker than others.
- The skin burns – It’s possible to burn the skin when you set the power intensity wrongly. This happens mostly with devices that require a manual setting.
- Swelling – the rigorous activity of removing hair from their hair follicles can cause inflammation and swell on the skin.
- Pain – The process of removing hair can be painful. Therefore you can set the machine according to your pain tolerance levels. The pain continues seven after the process is completed.
You can do some things to ensure that you remain safe while using laser hair removal machines. Let’s look at these safety measures.
- Before using the device, ensure that you read through the manufacturer’s instruction manual and follow through with it.
- Practice proper care for your skin after the hair removal. Keep your skin moisturized at all times so that it can recover faster. The process of hair removal exerts pressure on the skin and strain it; thus, moisturizing can help it heal more quickly.
- Use laser hair removal machines on healthy non-tattooed skin. If the is tanned or damaged, you should not use this device to prevent further damage to the skin.
- Before using the device on a large body area, try doing a patch test on a small skin area and look out for any skin reactions. If no side effects are observed, you can proceed to treat the other areas that you want.
- Choose a setting that is recommended for your skin type and hair color. To ensure that the process is comfortable, choose a pain-free setting. If there’s pain, you can use a numbing agent on the skin area you are treating.
- After using a laser hair removal device, keep your skin away from direct sunlight. Use a moisturizer, cover the skin, or use sunscreen whenever you’re going out.
A professional laser hair removal machine for use at home can help you meet your body goals, boost your self-esteem and self-confidence, as well as improve your general mood. This is because hair that grows in non-preferred places like on the bikini line or n the face can damage how someone feels about themselves.
For example, a woman who has hair on her face would not feel so good about themselves, even though it’s a natural genetically-stirred occurrence. Such a person seeking to feel better about their body can choose to use a laser hair removal device to clear the hair from her face.
There are many other unpleasant scenarios, but these devices are also usable for routine body hygiene practices. Keep your bikini line, armpits, face, and the rest of the body free of unwanted hair. You can choose a device that suits your need depending on the body goals you have.